All of these technology needs for our classroom will be set up during class time towards the beginning of the year. I am including them here for reference as well. Notice that some of them require information from me - it is vital that you access them during the scheduled class time and imperative that you keep track of the usernames and passwords you create. Technical difficulties are not an excuse for late work (see Murphy's law).
Google Classroom: Offers the ability to easily organize classwork, communicate with one another, and share paperless assignments. The class codes are below.
- 2nd period - u7czghd
- 3rd period - wfkpc4
- 4th period - snm7vx5
- 5th period - apzxi9
- 6th period - j4uus5b
Remind: A great way to stay up-to-date with class info, changes, and reminders. Don’t worry - no one will see your phone number, not even me. I suggest downloading the app if you don't already have it.
- To sign up you send a text to 81010 with the class code for your period.
- 2nd period - @40ca238
- 3rd period - @eg738
- 4th period - @40ca238f
- 5th period - @40ca238f1
- 6th period - @kbk3b8
Focus: Be informed about your current grades and absences.
- Sign in using your username and password for signing on to a computer at LH.
- Username: first and last initial followed by your student ID #
- Password: something you created
Edline: Used to stay up to date with what is going on at LHHS.
- Sign in using your user name and password that you created.
- If you have never logged on to Edline, you will need to sign up for it using an activation code that I can provide you with.
- If you have forgotten your user name or password, you will need to talk to the Mrs. Davis, our librarian, to remedy the issue.
Online Textbook: Access to everything the textbook has but way less heavy! Also provides audio options for the literature, summaries, and other helpful information. User name: Password:
Google Drive: A place to electronically do virtually everything. This is used very heavily in my class, across the district, and in colleges. Get to know it well!
- Sign in using your user name and password. Your user name is your first and last initial followed by your student ID number @g.risd.org (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If it is your first time signing in ever, then your password is Risd12345
- If you have forgotten your password, you will need to have it reset by our librarian Mrs. Davis.
Turnitin.com: Used for turning in papers in order to track date turned in, have year-long access, and prevent plagiarism. If you do not already have an account, you will set one up by: clicking ‘create account’ at the top middle of homepage, scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking ‘student’, entering the class id and password (which you will get from me), and filling out your personal info. If you already have an account, be sure to add my class using the class id and enrollment password (you will get this from me).